2.2K views

Do not fall for this scam!!! Too many people have been receiving this letter through the years. I recently received one from 1327 Empire Central, Suite 130, Dallas, TX 75247, offering CONGRATULATIONS! Further, informing identification as PRE-APPROVED for a PLATINUM CARD Membership from Union Workers Services with a GUARANTEED $10,000.00 credit limit valid exclusively toward all credit purchases from credit provider! Then, "No need to worry if previously denied access to a VISA or Mastercard because this card offers many benefits," and further, "this is a limited time offer and all deadlines are final, so act

today." Here's the best part. Please enclose

your annual membership fee of $37 by check or

money order along with the attached Platinum Card Activation Form by deadline shown, etc.

These are all red flags for rip-off scams, especially when you are not and have never been a union worker. Now that's funny! You see, no legitimate lending agencies and banks do business in this manner. Please make sure that you report these scammers to the BBB. And together, let's help put an end to Union Workers Credit Services "Rip-Off" Scams.

Comments

West Linn, Oregon, United States #901837

Wow I knew this had to be a scam why would they charge $37 upfront? Thanks for the protective info I will report them to the Better Business Bureau here at Oregon city Oregon.

NEVER send money to acquire credit. If it is too good to be true it is.........

Santa Clara, California, United States #879087

Hello my name is Patricia I has no Idea about this till right now I'm in my car trying to call them on the phone no answer at all wow I'm 25 years old and this crazy union workers credit services in Dallas tx need they *** slap three-seven dollars I want my *** *** I send them a *** when you're out of my *** ***

San Antonio, Texas, United States #865385

the same letter i have and i ive in san Antonio Texas never work in a forme!!!! this is bs how did they get our addresses *** no be real careful for some *** like this can't trust noone now in time!!!!

I just got one today i'm glad i looked it up if they was giving us that much why send them money take it off the card.

I just recieved. A pre approval today from them.. im so glad i read it and looked for more info before sending money..

Atascadero, California, United States #792661

Just received a Congratulation letter this afternoon in mail on 3-7-2014 just by reading it i already know it was a SCAM,So i did some research and found this on line... yes i do AGREE THEY NEED TO CRACK THEM DOWN HARD..

Overland Park, Kansas, United States #751925

Some need to sue this company make them pay all of it back

just called to clarify what the 'travel benefits' are. the card does not finance or allow you to purchase any travel for planes, trains, automobiles, hotels etc. they have an agreement with a local dallas travel company and the card gets you "discounted special prices" but you have to use a regular major credit card in order to book it.

hope this helps anyone else who is looking for the same.

it is same as a JCPenny card or a Macy's card etc. cannot be used to do anything but buy gorman grills. yes spelled that way on purpose.

thanks google and p'od consumer!!!

Here is their new post office box address...1327 Empire Central Dr.

P.O. Box 569799

Dallas, TX 75356-9691

Someone should wait for them at the post office box and follow them outside and drag them into the alley and beat the *** out if them for all of us! I would if I lived near Dallas. Unfortunatly Im in Michigan!

I please help me forget can ovet need new card please help menumber approval :0991,708,1557 late time please over when pay adress 350 24th st nw G208 winther haven plx

to rosie #799502

What???

PRE-APPROVED MY BUTT!!!!!! UNION WORKERS CREDIT SERVICES WE ALL HAVE TO WORK HARD FOR OUR MONEY WE DEFINETLY CAN'T AFFORD TO TAKE CARE OF YOU ALL!!!!!!

to ERICA ARMSTEAD #892725

Scam dipshit

I got this letter in the mail today and got excited. But i wanted to research the company first...It sounded to good to be true... I am so glad that I came across this consumer site where I see all these complaints about this scam...This is horrible.....I"m so glad I didnt send my hard earned money....so disgusted....

wow i got the same letter in the mail today. thank to my sister she new it was a scam..i feel sorry for all the people who has fallen for this scam..it need to be put to a stop.. i was all excited about a freaking scam

Thank-you for all in info!

Who can I talk to about my card

I too recieved this letter in the mail. Thank goodness for google!

*** these dumb ***. im not falling for this *** ***. everyone one of thes uwcs *** need to have the *** kicked out of them