Union Workers Credit Services

I received a letter in the mail today from Union Workers Credit Services stating if I send $37 I will get a 10,000.00 credit limit.I decided to do some research and found this is a scam.

Thousands of others have received this letter and some actually sent the money and never got a credit card. Instead the got 10,000.00 in coupons for various retailers. That is why it is good to do some research before diving into something head first.

There are a lot of people out there that is taking advantage of good honest people.That is called "greed".

c330beb review #181197
364 Helpful? 189
Had the same issue19 Comments158 Report
Had an experience with Union Workers Credit Services?  Submit review about this company
snoopy

Oct 21 Keithville, Louisiana

I received this letter in the mail and I knew they were tripping you got to be *** if you think all people are gonna fall for that you need to get a life instead of mooching off other people theres no way you gonna get my $37 dollars

dorothy parker

Oct 07 Houston, Texas

i received the same letter in the mail asking for $37.00..to get $10,000.00 i was very concern because it says :bank affiliation :none.. how can you have a platinum visa or master card without a bank involvement..so i look for reviews and it was bad..i am so glad i check into this...it is a scam...how can these people be shut down??so if you get one of these letters...trash it...10/07/2014

Me

Aug 26

I saw this one coming at a five mile radius as soon as I opened my "letter of opportunity" earlier today, first and foremost, an approval number never contains commas...I'm letting my family and close friends know, so that they're aware of, yet, another sweet deal, translation--blatant SCAM!!!
Scammers, umm, word of advice--not everyone is that gullible, so enough already...

Dadoks

Jul 18 Wichita Falls, Texas

I once received similar letter from UWCS several years ago, I paid the $37 hoping to receive the $10,000
credit card as promised but instead UWCS sent me coupons and no card. I wanted to call them but no contact phone. I became suspicious of them. I wrote a letter to express my complaints and requested for the refund of my money, no respond till today. This afternoon 07/18/2014, I received another letter asking me to pay $37 for a $10,000 credit card again and them decided to check for more info about them online only to find out several other people are affected. I hope the Law Enforcement Authorities
will take necessary action to stop these Frauds and deal with them accordingly.
Thank you for the info from your website.

Luckyracer

Jul 08

I just got this letter a few days ago. A person in my current financial situation could sure use something like this...........IF IT WAS LEGIT! Thankfully I was smart enough to realize that it might be a scam and then verified it here.

Dotcom

May 07

Since they bought a prepaid postage envelope, everyone should respond with a "scammer" comment and they will either be billed a bunch of money or will be investigated by USPS.

Gulible

May 06 Eugene, Oregon

I got this letter also. I belonged to a Union some yrs. ago,and recently got a Credit card,( a legit one), so I figured it was another company offering me a card based on my good payment record with the other one. I am Disabled and could put that credit line to a good use..or so I thought. I sent the 37.00 bucks in. Haven't heard anything at all, so I decided to check it out. This site was one of the first to pop up. Lo and behold, it seems I got had. I'm a bit embarrassed that I got scammed, but not as much as I'm angry.
Well thanks for the info. I will most certainly be more careful in the future and will report this to the Post Master.
Dang !! At least that is ALL I lost.Still not happy about that either. :(

1 0 Reply
Taken

May 06 Everett, Washington

I also received same offer from union workers credit services.
I too belonged to a union and disabled so like yourself
The 10,000 would have been nice to have for unexpected events
Instead I send my money to these people and wait for the mail to bring
My platinum card but nothing ever comes. I get another offer from these scammers
The nerve of people. $37.00 isn't much but today every penny counts!

Deac

May 03

What a bunch of *** bags. Why can't the authorities track these people down and do something about it. They need to go to jail to deter others from taking advantage of hard working regular citizens.

Toni

May 03

I will past this letter from union workers credit services to the Post Master at the United Postal Service. Whenever you receive something of fraud in the mail you should take or mail (forward) to the. Post Master General.

Gabby

May 01

I received this same letter yesterday. Today, I thought, I'd sign the stub and get it ready for the morning mail pick up. Yesterday, looking at the letter's return address, I already thought the name of the "Bank" to be strange, then reading the letter this morning I noticed that 'Union Workers Credit Services' it not affiliated with any bank at all, and that all purchases are solely to be made from them, and that this card cannot be used as a regular multi-purpose credit card. I wanted to know what UWCS is selling, so I typed in their name into my web browser, and you're the first site that popped up. Thanks to you, I won't be getting scammed. Thanks for the heads up!

Jim Long

Apr 30 Clearwater, Florida

My name is James A. Long i am a disabled gentleman, living on SS. Disability, and I received the same letter in the mail and was looking into it and found your review and would like to say thank you very much for bringing this to my attention.

gb

Apr 27 Indianapolis, Indiana

I got the *** scam sent to me and guessed its the change of address company working for postal that sold my name to these scammers, no other way to have it notice other offers too

Apr 26

I'm pretty sure this company targets consumers who don't have the best credit. When I received this letter, I knew it was bull because no credit card company would give me $10,000.00 with my credit rating. Shame on them for taking advantage of people who really need credit and can't afford to spend $37.00

Slore

Jul 19 Las Vegas, Nevada

I have great credit and received this silly letter today. It's just a fishing expedition and they'll take anyone's $37. I only hope that most people that are hoping this is real, send money orders and not a personal check...

Suzzz

Apr 16

I also received the letter. THANK YOU for update :)

Firthi

Apr 16 Folsom, California

Thank you for posting warning. I'm sure glad I took the time to look this up and that folks like you considerate enough to warn others.
Right on!

biggcujo

Jan 02

Bigg cujo yes I received the same letter in the mail from union workers credit union for 37 dollars I got slayed as well from them so anyone else don't fall for the gimmick.

1-20 of 158 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Union Workers Credit Services.
Filing a new complaint about
×